Transfer Your EJC Alerts by January 31
The OhioLINK EJC will have a new interface beginning January 8, 2007. The new interface will look familiar to current EJC users, but it will also offer better performance and more functionality. Read more about the new interface here.
EJC users who have created e-mail alerts or saved searches on the current EJC interface will need to migrate that information to the new system by the end of January (Updated 1/3/07). Here’s how to create a new account in the new EJC and transfer your information:
- Connect to the new EJC.
- Look for "Create an Account" and follow the prompts to create your new account.
- Log into your new account.
- Under My Account, look for "Migrate saved searches from your old ScienceServer account." You will need to know your old account name (this information was e-mailed to current account holders).
- Your existing alerts and saved searches display. Click each one that you want to migrate to the new system.
Web Feeds for New Issues
You can also subscribe to new issue alerts via a Web feed. To set up a Web Feed (RSS) that will notify you when new issues are loaded:
- From the journal page, right click on Web Feed.
- Depending on your browser, Copy Shortcut or Copy Link Location
- Paste the shortcut into your RSS Reader.
See the RSS Help page for more information.
If you have any questions about the EJC, or problems to report with the new interface, please use this form to contact the OhioLINK staff, or contact your local library for assistance.
Posted by at December 20, 2006 02:05 PM