New EJC Interface Coming January 8
The OhioLINK Electronic Journal Center will have a new interface for the New Year beginning January 8, 2007. Faculty, students, staff and librarians at OhioLINK member institutions can catch a sneak peek of the new interface now.
The new interface will look familiar to current EJC users, but it will also offer better performance and more functionality. New features include:
- My Articles – A function of My EJC, the My Articles features allows you to create and save your favorite articles for easy reference later.
- Password retrieval – In the old interface forgotten passwords were irretrievable. Now you can automatically generate a new one.
- Find similar articles in the EJC with just one click.
- Collapsible/Expandable panels allow for faster browsing of titles with extensive numbers of issues or long back files.
- Quick links to the complete article from both the issue and article level page helps you get the full-text article more quickly.
These oldie-but-goodie features are still available and worth trying out if you haven’t already:
- Journal alerts – Get new issue alerts via RSS feed or go to My EJC and create an account to create a list of favorite journals and set up e-mail notifications.
- My Searches – Put your research on autopilot. Save your searches and set times for the system to automatically execute them and e-mail you the results.
It is possible to migrate your saved searches from the old system to the new one. Go here for instructions on doing so.
If you have any questions about the EJC, or problems to report with the new interface, please use this form to contact the OhioLINK staff, or contact your local library for assistance.
Posted by at December 1, 2006 12:05 PM