Morgan Bibliography Home |
OhioLINK Home |
Morgan Index of People, Business and Institution, 1796-1850
Morgan Bibliography of Ohio Imprints, 1796–1850
Title: Lecture on the North and the South Delivered in College Hall, before the Young Men's Mercantile Library Association, of Cincinnati, Ohio, January 16, 1849. By Ellwood Fisher.
Daily Chronicle Job Rooms, between Main and Sycamore.,
Description: 46 p. ; 22 cm.
This was the first edition. A second edition (Morgan 2477), 64 pages, published the same year, had an appendix added in which Fisher answered his critics. The third edition was published in Charleston, 1849 (64 pages).
See Osgood Mussey's review (Morgan 6556) and the reply of Daniel R. Goodloe, The South and the North; being a reply to the Lecture on the South, by Ellwood Fisher, delivered before the Young Men's Mercantile Library Association of Cincinnati, January 16, 1849. By a Carolinian. Washington, 1849.
- Comparative Economics.
- Library, Associations.
- National Era, editor.
- Slavery, Justification.
- Slavery, United States, Controversial Literature.
- Southern States, Economic Conditions.
- United States, Economic Conditions to 1865.
- Wealth, Southern States.
- Wealth, United States.
- Young Men's Mercantile Library Association.
- Buffalo and Erie County Public Library, Buffalo, NY
- Cincinnati Historical Society, Cincinnati, OH
- Filson Historical Society Library, Louisville, KY
- Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD
- Kentucky Historical Society, Frankfort, KY
- Library Company of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA
- Library of Congress, Washington, DC
- Lincoln University, Lincoln University, PA
- Morgan Library of Ohio Imprints, Willoughby, OH
- New Hampshire Historical Society, Concord, NH
- Oberlin College, Oberlin, OH
- Public Library of Cincinnati and Hamilton County, Cincinnati, OH
- University of California Santa Barbara Main Library, Santa Barbara, CA
- University of Illinois, Urbana, IL
- University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
- University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC
- University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA
- Western Reserve Historical Society, Cleveland, OH
- Xavier University, New Orleans, LA
- Yale University, New Haven, CT
- Morgan, R.P. Ohio, 5004.