Morgan Bibliography Home |
OhioLINK Home |
Morgan Index of People, Business and Institution, 1796-1850
Morgan Bibliography of Ohio Imprints, 1796–1850
Title: Narrative of the Late Riotous Proceedings against the Liberty of the Press, in Cincinnati. With Remarks and Historical Notices, Relating to Emancipation. Addressed to the People of Ohio, by the Executive Committee of the Ohio Anti-Slavery Society.
Description: 48 p. ; 22 cm.
American Antiquarian Society notes: Concerning public sentiment in Cincinnati against the Philanthropist, an antislavery paper edited by James G. Birney for the Ohio Anti-Slavery Society, and the subsequent riot and destruction of the presses of Achilles Pugh, printer of the Philanthropist.
"From the Cincinnati republican of August 9, 1836. Our city improvements."--p.  of wrapper.
"Exposition of American Anti-Slavery Society. To the public."--p. [3-4] of wrapper.
American Antiquarian Society copy 1 has yellow wrappers.
American Antiquarian Society copy 2 has blue wrappers and later added cloth binding with spine title: Liberty of the press in Cincinnati. Inscribed: Antislavery library.
- Antislavery Movements, Ohio.
- Freedom of the Press, Ohio.
- Ohio Anti-Slavery Society.
- Philanthropist (New Richmond, Ohio).
- Riots, Ohio, Cincinnati.
- American Antiquarian Society, Worcester, MA
- Buffalo and Erie County Public Library, Buffalo, NY
- California State University, Long Beach, CA
- Cincinnati Historical Society, Cincinnati, OH
- Cleveland Public Library, Cleveland, OH
- Columbus Metropolitan Library, Columbus, OH
- Cornell University, Ithaca, NY
- Detroit Public Library, Detroit, MI
- Duke University, Durham, NC
- Harvard University, Cambridge, MA
- Historical Society of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
- Howard University Library, Washington, DC
- Huntington Library, San Marino, CA
- Indiana Historical Society, Indianapolis, IN
- Indiana University, Bloomington, IN
- Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD
- Kent State University, Kent, OH
- Library Company of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA
- Library of Congress, Washington, DC
- New Bedford Public Library, New Bedford, MA
- New York Public Library, New York, NY
- New York State Library, Albany, NY
- Northern Illinois University, DeKalb, ID
- Oberlin College, Oberlin, OH
- Ohio Historical Society, Columbus, OH
- Ohio State University, Columbus, OH
- Pittsburgh Theological Seminary, Pittsburgh, PA
- Public Library of Cincinnati and Hamilton County, Cincinnati, OH
- Rhode Island Historical Society, Providence, RI
- Ross County Historical Society, Chillicothe, OH
- Rutgers-The State University, New Brunswick, NJ
- State University of New York at Stony Brook, Stony Brook, NY
- Tulane University, New Orleans, LA
- University of Chicago, Chicago, IL
- University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH
- University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY
- University of Michigan, William L. Clements Library, Ann Arbor, MI
- University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN
- University of Texas, Austin, TX
- Vassar College, Poughkeepsie, NY
- West Virginia University, Morgantown, WV
- Western Kentucky University, Bowling Green, KY
- Western Reserve Historical Society, Cleveland, OH
- Wisconsin Historical Society, Madison, WI
- American Antiquarian Society
- E455 O37 N836
- Ohio Historical Society
- V 326.4 Oh3n
- AI 39355. Howes C411. Sabin 13098. Thomson 859. Morgan, R.P. Ohio, 3100.